Friday, September 09, 2011

Back To The Jungle

     Image courtesy of StreetFSN .

It's that time of year again, no not Christmas, I'm talking about Fashion Week! The time of year when the major fashion capitals of the world are invaded by hordes and hordes of beautiful and exquisitely dressed men and women.


Let the mayhem begin. We start our journey in New York, where the American designers showcase their S/S'12 collections before further jet-setting to London, Milan and Paris.


The collections aside, one of my favourite pastimes during fashion week is the abundance of streetstyle served up. Editors, buyers, stylists, models and locals alike turn their styling up a notch. As a spectator, you’re spoilt with a plethora of lust-worthy ensembles and accessorizing. What more could one ask for?


I’m mostly looking forward to Vogue Nippon’s editor-at-large; Miss Anna Della Russo. Wonder what she’ll adorn her head with; turtle,chair or how about a monochrome keyboard? Trés chic, non?
Former editor-in-chief of Vogue Paris and stylist extraordinaire; Madame Roitfeld will be unveiling her much-anticipated windows for Barneys, I can hardly contain my excitement. If by any chance, you happen to stumble upon pictures of said windows, I'll be forever grateful if you send to me. You can find my e-mail to your right, thank you.


Emanuelle Alt, Taylor Tomasi-Hill, Joanna Hillman, Kate Lanphear, Shala Monroque, Christine Centenera, Julia Sarr-Jamois and the always adorable; Miroslava Duma, are just a few of those I’ll be on the lookout for. What can I say, other than; I'm a sucker for editors of all kind.

P.S. Mr Blasberg, I see you.


Bisous